As part of Magnified Image Techniques class at college, I had a go at using a microscope. I had tried syrup on a slide but there was very little to see. So I put a little tissue paper over it. This was the result:
Next I sellotaped part of a petal to a slide. This was more difficult to work with because it was not a flat surface, and the depth of field was so shallow that even a difference in distance of mere millimeters from the lens meant that some parts of the petal would be out of focus. So it was interesting but also quite frustrating. However I’d quite like to experiment with different substances.